- The friends page has been redesigned as a system page for all users, and is now available for Beta testing. There will be a link at the top of your friends page allowing you to switch between the new and old versions allowing you to switch back and forth between both versions throughout the beta testing period. The main features of the new friends page are:
- Filter by custom friends-groups functionality is built in for everyone.
- Dynamic loading of earlier entries (infinite scroll).
- When new content is posted to your friends feed, a "New (#)" tab will appear which will take you to the top of the page when pressed and load the new content.
- Only one repost of any entry will appear even if multiple friends have reposted it, and it will be clear who reposted the entry.
- The lj-cut placeholder has changed to display a pair of scissors, making it more difficult to forge.
- Large images should not break the width of the page as happens in some styles.
- Cyrillic services only: You can now pay to promote your entries in other users' journals. The journal owner will receive the LJ Tokens paid for the promotion in exchange for allowing the entry to be promoted. All users have the ability to decide whether or not to allow any promoted entries to appear in their journal, and can also selectively allow or disallow any user or specific entry to be promoted. Settings for this feature will be available at http://www.livejournal.com/manage/setti
ngs/?cat=myad and promotions can be purchased & managed at http://www.livejournal.com/shop/journal promo.bml?tab=journals.
- The <lj-like> feature now includes a button to share your entries on Tumblr. For Cyrillic users, there is additionally a new button for Surfingbird.
- The Statistics feature for Paid & Permanent accounts now keeps track of logged-out traffic in addition to traffic from logged-in users.
- Images in Scrapbook now contain quick links for the image URL as well as the HTML for remotely loading the image. The following image shows where this option can be found:
[Spoiler (click to open)]
- Fixed a bug that prevented some renamed journals from redirecting properly when visiting the URL for the old username.
- When an entry in a community is edited, it will be sent back to the moderation queue if it contains new links, images, or videos unless the entry author has permission to post to the community without moderation.
- Added archiveofourown.org / ao3.org to the global spam whitelist to prevent misidentifying links to these domains as spam.
- URLs using /data/customview/ to display the page in an alternate style no longer return an "invalid user" error.
- Whatever setting was selected for "disable auto formatting" when an entry was posted will be retained when editing the entry.